One of my favorite foods and go to “cheat” meals is pizza!
AH! I just love it, so cheesy and delicious with a crispy crust… perfection! 🙂
A great alternative to the pizza you know and love is flatbread, since you get the same feel of pizza, but with less bread. You can find these pre-packed flatbreads in just about any grocery store, too. I ended up going with the Stonefire Artisan Flatbread which comes in packs of two flatbreads.
Lately I’ve been loving the sweet and savory combinations on a pizza and that’s why I went with this prosciutto, apple and goat cheese flatbread!
Not only is this flatbread so yummy but it was so easy to throw together… and since the flavor combinations are so unique and complex, it feels like such a treat!
Its a great recipe to make on a Friday night you stay in, or even as an appetizer for a party – the complex flavors make this is a sure crowd pleaser!
Oh and did I leave out that it’s actually a healthier recipe? NO GUILT here 🙂
NOTE: This recipe is for 2 flatbreads, but to make just one cut the recipe in half.
Prosciutto Apple, and Goat Cheese Flatbread Ingredients:
- 2 flatbreads (I used the Stonefire Artisan brand)
- 4 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. crumbled goat cheese
- 3 oz. prosciutto, sliced
- 1 fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- fresh arugula for topping
- Preheat oven according to the directions on whatever brand flatbread you’re using.
- I like to pre-bake my flatbread for a few minutes before I put the toppings on; this will make the flatbread a little crispier.
- After pre-baking (or not), start to assemble the flatbreads taking the ingredients and cutting them in half for each flatbread.
- First drizzle each flatbread with 2 tsp. of olive oil and brush evenly.
- Then sprinkle the mozzarella cheese evenly, then goat cheese, proscutito, apple slices, and pecans.
- Place into the oven and bake according to the package instructions.
- When pizza is cooked to your liking remove from oven, then drizzle 1 tbsp. of honey a piece on each flatbread.
- Top with fresh arugula and slice each flatbread into 8 squares.
Servings: 16 slices (2 whole flatbreads)
Serving Size: 1/8 of 1 flatbread
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Sugar: 2 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 312 mg
Protein: 7 g