These peanut butter dream cookies are THE cookies for the peanut butter lovers out there!!
They are the perfect combination of all the amazing things a cookie can be: soft in the middle and a little crunch on the outside, complete with a warm gooey peanut butter drizzle on top. What else could you want?? (Well, maybe a big glass of cold milk!)
As you can tell from most of my recipes, I really try to keep them healthy… But at heart I’m such a foodie. I think everything is good in moderation and sometimes you just have to go for it and enjoy it.
This recipe will not disappoint and is a great treat to make along with your family. The kids will not be able to get enough!
2 cups plus 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
12 tbsp of room temp. butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1 cup of light brown sugar packed
2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk room temp.
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
3/4 cup peanut butter and semi sweet chips
- Preheat 325 degrees.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in bowl.
- Use an electric mixer or stand mixer and mix butter and sugars together.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until well combined. Melt 1/4 cup of the peanut butter and then add the cocoa powder.
- Gradually beat into sugar and butter mixture. Then add dry ingredients in on low speed until combined. Add chips.
- Scoop out dough with a 1/2 cup measurement and pull apart into two halves. Place halves on cookie sheet with the jagged sides facing up and make sure to leave room.
- Bake for approximately 11-14 minutes. They may appear undercooked but when you take them out and let them sit on the pan for a minute they cook up a bit more and are perfect.
- After they have cooled, use remaining peanut butter and heat in microwave. Drizzle on cookies. (I put the warmed peanut butter in a plastic baggie and snipped off one of the corners to drizzle it on the cookies… So much easier and cleaner that way!)