Holiday Cornbread Stuffing
We are just days away from Thanksgiving and there’s so much to prep (regardless if you’re hosting or bringing a dish to family or friend’s home). Now, the question is: what are you bringing??
There are always the traditional dishes that are a no-fail, but why not mix it up a bit; not too much so you still have all those classic flavors, but something just a touch more special!
This holiday cornbread stuffing with cranberries and pecans is the ultimate Thanksgiving dish… One because Thanksgiving isn’t the same without stuffing, and two – this dish is so easy to pull together last minute!
This stuffing is packed with so much flavor, from the savory cornbread with a little sweet to cranberries (and lots of texture from pecans and sautéed veggies). In short, it’s a great way to mix things up while still being true to tradition.
Holiday Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients:
- 2 boxes stovetop cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 bag dried cranberries
- 3 cups reduced-fat low sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large pot heat butter on medium-high heat. Add celery and onion to pot, stir to coat in the butter.
- Turn heat down to medium and cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- Add cornbread mix, cranberries and pecans to the pot. Gently fold all ingredients until ingredients are evenly dispersed.
- Slowly pour chicken broth and then beaten eggs into the cornbread mixture. Fold gently again and try to not break up the cornbread too much.
- Spray a 13×9 baking pan with cooking spray, spoon stuffing into the pan evenly. Place into the oven covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil after and cook for an additional 15 minutes until stuffing is lightly golden and slightly crisp.
Serving Size: 1/8 of the 13×9 pan
Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrates: 49 g
Sugar: 18 g
Fiber: 4 g
Sodium: 867 mg
Protein: 7 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!