Healthy Turkey Tostadas
Not surprisingly, I came up with this healthy turkey tostadas recipe using some leftovers and a few things I had in the pantry.
They’re so delicious and easy to make! The great thing is you can do so many different things with this recipe and make it your own.
To make this even easier, just cook up the meat, add the spices and put them on top of the tostada.
6 corn tortiallas *
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 lb. lean ground turkey
1/2 cup red onion, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
1/2 cup fat free refried beans
1 tbsp. chili powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 cup shredded mexican cheese
light sour cream
* You can also buy actual “tostadas”
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- To make the turkey, heat the coconut oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add onions and jalapenos and cook for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and start to break down into small pieces, cooking until browned and fully cooked.
- Turn heat down to medium and add the refried beans. Stir until cooked down and fully incorporated into the meat.
- Add spices and stir to combine.
- Turn heat down to low and cover.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray, then lay down corn tortillas (I could fit 6 on a pan) and spray the tops with cooking spray.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on one side, flip and then cook for another 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Then take the meat and bean mixture and spread on top of the tortilla.
- Top with cheese (1/4 cup for 2 tostadas) and put pack into the oven until cheese all melted.
- Once done, add additional toppings and serve.
Servings: 6 tostadas
Serving Size: 1 tostada
Fat: 14 g
Carbohydrates: 14 g
Sodium: 304 mg (without salt)
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 21 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!