I’ve really been in the mood for fajitas lately. The only problem is that my husband doesn’t like any kind of bell pepper! But he loves jalapeños, banana peppers, poblanos – pretty much any other pepper besides bell peppers, lol.
So I thought, “Why not make our own fajitas in our own way?” That is where Tom came up with the name “Fiesta Fajitas!”
These Fiesta Fajitas are so easy, flavor packed and healthy… I know, crazy right?
This recipe is great for someone who wants an easy recipe with few ingredients, but is still delicious! It has a lot of flavor from the fajita seasoning, great texture from the peppers and onions and freshness of the cilantro; pretty much a perfect combination 🙂
It’s great too because you can wrap the fajita mixture in a corn tortilla or top it on a homemade burrito bowl (rice, beans, fajita mix and cheese). Add some hot salsa and you have your very own Chipotle bowl!
My husband and I love having meals like this because we can make a double batch and have leftovers for a few days. Whether you have tacos or burrito bowls you can eat healthy while still having it be completely enjoyable!
Try this one with steak too… It’s amazing! 🙂
2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
1 packet fajita seasoning
2-3 pepper of your choice (we used jalapeño, poblanos and banana peppers), thinly sliced
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Prep the chicken first. Start by cutting the chicken breasts in half to make them thinner, trim the fat and then cut into strips.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a large skillet. Place in chicken and cook on medium-high for 5-7 minutes on one side, flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes (or until chicken is cooked). Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp. of oil to the pan, then add sliced onions and peppers and toss to coat in oil.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add chicken back to pan, add fajita seasoning and water (use directions on the packet for this). Toss well to combine.
- Cook for about 5 minutes at a simmer.
- Add chopped cilantro and toss to combine. Either add fajita mixture to a corn tortilla, burrito bowl, salad or just by itself.
Serving Size: 1/4 of the pan approx.
Fat: 7 g
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 38 g
* This is an approximate because of the mixture of chicken and veggies, but an example of a complete meal would be:
1 serving of Fajita Mix (meat and veggies)
2 corn tortillas
1/4 cup shredded cheese
Fat: 17 g (to lower this use low-fat cheese)
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 46 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!