If you’re ever looking to mix up your salad a bit, these easy homemade croutons will make all the difference.
I used to work at Panera Bread (what seems like forever ago) and before seeing them make their own croutons, I always thought it would be a such an involved process. But it was only 4 simple steps: first they’d cut up their asiago loaf into 1-2 inch pieces, then place them in a huge mixing bowl, then pour their caesar dressing on top and finally mix it all together.
How easy is that?
These homemade croutons are a great addition to a nice garden salad, a fresh tomato mozzarella salad, or even french onion soup.
1 demi loaf of cheese bread (I used a three cheese blend)
caesar dressing of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bread into 1-2 inch cubes and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Start to add dressing to the bowl and toss until bread is fully coated, but not soaked.
- Place bread on the baking sheet and spread out evenly. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Take out and flip croutons, then put back in for another 10 minutes. You want them to be browned and crispy.
- Top on a salad of your choice… and enjoy!