I absolutely love fries!! Obviously, the ones you get in restaurants are deep fried and delicious and yes – sometimes you just have to do it. I see so many people that think carbs are the enemy, but the truth is that they play an important role in any diet (especially if you work out).
And when it comes to carbs, potatoes are one of the best carb sources you can have. By themselves they’re actually really good for you (in addition to leaving you feeling full and satisfied).
…You just need to know how to cook them so they’re both delicious and healthy at the same time.
Who said healthy doesn’t taste good?
This easy baked potato wedges recipe is the first post in my “Simple Side Dishes” series… So expect more to come 🙂
Easy Baked Potato Wedges Ingredients:
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. seasoning salt
- Preheat oven to 450. Wash potatoes and with skins on cut lengthwise in half.
- Then cut those lengthwise in half and then those in half. (You should have 8 wedges from 1 potato.)
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, paprika,garlic powder, onion powder, and seasoning salt.
- Toss potatoes in the mixture until they are evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 min ( may need to flip halfway through).
Serving Size: 4 wedges ( 1/2 of a potato)
Total Fat: 6.7 g
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Sodium: 195 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 1 g
Protein: 3 g