Chocolate Protein Lava Cake
Just as I was putting this post up I realized that a lot of my dessert recipes are chocolate and peanut butter. But… You really can’t go wrong with that, between the richness of the chocolate and the creaminess of the peanut butter… and BOOM! Best combination ever!
The great thing about this chocolate protein lava cake is that it has the richness and creaminess you want, but is protein packed at the same time. Cooking with protein powder is something I’ve been wanting to try for a while now I work out a lot more, since protein is key to building muscle and it helps your overall health.
Now one thing to note is that since this does have protein powder in it, it has a different taste and consistency than a normal cake. But at the same time I have tried a lot of desserts and protein bars that have a really weird constancy, and this cake comes out much better than most.
With working out and eating healthy you can enjoy this wonderful treat without ruining your whole day! The recipe only makes 2 servings – which is nice because then you won’t have it sitting around like a batch of cookies and having to resist the urge to have one every time you pass them (believe me I know!).
And last but not least – this is very quick and simple to make, so give it a try…
(You might just need a big glass of cold milk to wash it down!)
3 tbsp. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 tbsp. semi sweet chocolate chips
1 large egg
3 tbsp. chocolate protein powder (1 1/2 scoops)
2 tbsp. all purpose flour
1 tbsp. all natural peanut butter *
non stick baking spray ( cooking is fine)
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine almond milk and chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and well combined.
- Using a medium size bowl, combine flour, egg, protein powder and a splash of almond milk. Whisk until combined.
- Now add in melted chocolate/milk mixture into flour mixture and whisk to combine.
- Take two ramekins (or a small oven safe bowl) and spray with the cooking spray.
- Measure out a tablespoon of peanut butter and take half and drop right into the center of the bowl. Do the same with the other. (Don’t spread on the bottom of the ramekin; just leave in a dollop.)
- Pour batter over the peanut butter and evenly distribute in each ramekin.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and ENJOY!
* Substitute peanut butter with Nutella for another delicious combination.
Serving Size: 1 lava cake
Fat: 12 g
Carbs: 16 g
Sodium: 162 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 6 g
Protein: 25 g
The Testosterone Chef is a cookbook all about eating in a way that supports your hormones. With 90+ recipes for both men and women, there's something for everyone in here...
Click here to check it out!